The Main Street Program Manager reports to the Farmville Downtown Partnership (FDP) Board of Directors and serves as chief advisor and staff to the FDP Board, committees, and task forces. This position works closely with the downtown merchants, business owners, property owners, government officials, the Farmville Area Chamber of Commerce, and other stakeholders in coordinating the organization’s goals and work plans. The Manager performs complex professional and administrative work in coordinating programs/projects that create consensus among public/private stakeholders while encouraging residential/commercial development primarily in downtown Farmville.
The Main Street Program Manager must be well organized, detail oriented, creative, enthusiastic, entrepreneurial, self-motivated, and an excellent communicator; capable of functioning effectively in an independent environment while coordinating public and private interests represented on the board of directors and in the downtown area.
- Possess a minimum five (5) years of related experience in one or more of the following areas: economic development, planning, retailing, and / or marketing; OR a bachelor’s degree in a related field such as business, economics, communication and 2 years of related experience.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills are required. Experience planning and organizing within a multi-faceted volunteer and committee-driven organization is a plus.
- Exhibit superior communication skills. Verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills are used daily and must be excellent.
- Familiarity and skills in using various forms of social media is required.
- Demonstrate the ability to collaborate and engage diverse stakeholder groups
- Budgeting and financial accountability experience is required
- Proficiency in word processing, spreadsheets, and database skills is required
- Experience with economic development projects is a plus.
The salary is competitive and based on experience with a minimum annual salary of $40k.
INQUIRIES & SUBMISSIONS
Please submit any inquiries or a cover letter, resume, and references to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than June 29, 2018.
Print: FDP Manager Job Description