The flowers are in bloom and their dramatic splendor reminds us that it’s that time of year-time for the Summer Garden Opera! This year’s opera is The Barber of Seville by Rossini, which will take place on June 16. Don’t worry if you didn’t receive an invitation, there will be a concert for the public during Opera Week on Wednesday, June 13 at noon. This concert is free and will take place at the Caboose on the Plaza Downtown. Bring a chair and your lunch and enjoy the Opera in the heart of Downtown Farmville!
If you are on the invite list, we have come up with 8 ways to make sure you are prepared for this local event.
- Get glowing with a spray tan at Island Glow (306. N. Main St.). Voted BEST Airbrush Spray Tan 2017, Island Glow also offers airbrush makeup. What a fun way to get glammed up!
- Find the perfect dress at Vellie’s Boutique (223 N. Main St.). Not only will you find beautiful, fashionable pieces, but Vellie herself will help you to find a dress that fits your size, style, and budget.
- Get a clean shave at The Barber Shop (144 N.Main St. B). Is there anything more nostalgic than a good old-fashioned barber shop complete with the candy stripe pole out front? We are told a hot steam shave is just what the doctor ordered.
- Buy the perfect summer suit at Strutz (212 N. Main St.). Add a little pep in your step and some flare to your fashion with a new suit.
- Find the perfect piece of jewelry at Penelope (306 N. Main St.). Maybe it’s that necklace that accentuates your neckline or a lovely pair of earrings that you give as a gift to surprise your date, either way, you can find it at Penelope.
- Freshen up your summer hair style at The Outer You (208 N. Main St.) or Hair by Mary (306 N. Main St. B). It will definitely be hot! Why not get a great updo to keep you cool?
- Enjoy before opera cocktails and tapas at One19 (119 N. Main St.). Whether it’s their signature Mo’garita or chorizo croquettes, the “tastefully off-center” Team will provide you with the perfect pre-party.
- If the lunchtime show is more your style, be sure to grab a sandwich to take with you from Uptown Coffee Café (236 N. Main St.).